CODA Biotherapeutics (www.codabiotherapeutics.com) is an early-stage venture backed biotechnology company located in South San Francisco, California. Our chemogenetics platform aims to treat neurological indications through modulation of specific target cell activity utilizing engineered ligand gated ion-channels delivered via gene therapy. The engineered ligand-gated ion channels are designed to interact with defined small molecule therapeutics and act as a switch to activate or inactivate specific neuronal populations as a means for treating neurological diseases.
We are looking for a highly motivated and dynamic candidate for the role of Scientist, Electrophysiology to characterize our engineered ligand gated ion-channels. This is a fantastic opportunity to make a significant impact as a scientifically motivated self-starter capable of independently conceiving, conducting, and critically analyzing his/her own work with minimal supervision.
- Responsibilities:Electrophysiological characterization of Engineered Ligand-Gated Ion Channels: Use manual patch-clamp technology to characterize novel ligand-gated ion channels in different mammalian cell cultures using multiple ligands
- Mammalian Cell Culture of Different Cell Types: Maintain different cell types for use on manual patch clamp electrophysiology rig, including mammalian cell lines, primary tissue cultures, and/or hiPSC- derived cell types
- Organization and Communication of Data: Analyze, interpret, and communicate data in written and oral modalities in both informal and formal settings. Generate and manage meticulous method protocols, data, and analysis reports in a clear and highly organized fashion.
- Maintain Electrophysiology Equipment: Build and maintain manual patch clamp rigs.
- B.S., M.S., or PhD degree in Neuroscience or related field with at least 7, 5, or 3 years, respectively, of post-degree research experience
- Strong background and training in electrophysiology, including extensive experience with whole cell manual patch-clamp evaluation of ligand gated ion channels.
- Experience and knowledge of ion channel pharmacology, particularly, as it pertains to electrophysiological profiling of ligand-gated ion channel agonists and positive allosteric modulators (e.g. calculating EC50s, Hill Slope, and Imax/Isteady-state is essential; in-depth analysis of kinetic profile, including desensitization dynamics, is a plus.
- Experience with mammalian cell lines and/or primary cell lines. Experience with HEK cells, and/or primary central and peripheral-neuronal cultures and/or human-IPSC derived neurons is a major plus; Experience with multi-electrode arrays to characterize cell culture activity is a plus
- Experience with data processing and analysis, particularly with experience programming (e.g. R, Python, SQL)
- Good working knowledge of MS office, data plotting and graphing software and able to communicate results effectively.
- Dynamic self-starter with a drive for results.
- Motivates others to do their best; celebrates differences; team-oriented.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Impeccable integrity.
- Scientific curiosity paired with a strong work ethic and grit.
- Thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced entrepreneurial setting and fluidly adapts to change.
- Embraces the lean start-up mentality and never says or enjoys hearing “that’s not my job.”
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: commensurate with role and experience
CODA Biotherapeutics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision generous paid time off and much more.