Repare Therapeutics is a 2017 “Fierce 15” drug discovery company backed by tier-one strategic and institutional biotechnology investors (http://www.reparerx.com). Repare develops novel, precision oncology drugs that target specific vulnerabilities of tumor cells. This is accomplished by combining a proprietary, high throughput, CRISPR‐enabled drug target discovery platform with an experienced team of small molecule drug discovery scientists, structural and computational biologists. Founded by leading experts at the forefront of DNA damage and repair cancer biology and genome-scale synthetic lethal screening technologies, Repare has assembled a seasoned team of industry veterans and a world-class Advisory Board.
We are seeking an experienced senior scientist at our Montreal site to assume a hands-on role as part of a scientific team responsible for assessing the in vivo pharmacology of novel pre-clinical anticancer compounds. The scientist will be involved in evaluating drug combination strategies of Repare drug candidates with targeted agents and with immuno-oncology therapeutics for selected agents, establishing detailed PK/PD relationships and performing mechanism-of-action studies.
- To identify and implement clinically relevant rodent models to evaluate the in vivo efficacy of novel anticancer compounds.
- To research and develop relevant pharmacodynamic markers to monitor compound efficacy in vivo.
- To maintain and expand cancer cell lines in culture in preparation for tumor inoculation.
- To carry out all aspects of animal experimentation including tumor inoculations, drug administrations, animal health monitoring, anesthesia, surgeries, blood samplings, necropsies, and to monitor tumor progression through a variety of modalities including luminescence imaging.
- To undertake mechanistic studies including pharmacodynamic evaluation of candidate compounds in vivo and in vitro using several techniques including western blotting, IHC, ELISA, bead proximity and enzymatic assays.
- To communicate results at project team meetings and be involved in the coordination and preparation of presentations, reports and manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals.
- To maintain detailed laboratory notes and protocols.
- The successful candidate may be required to work non-standard hours from time to time, including occasional weekend and statutory holidays as required by on-going experiments.
- MSc or PhD in biological sciences and minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
- Experience in small animal handling, preferentially in carrying out pre-clinical rodent oncology models is essential.
- Diverse experience in cell and molecular biology techniques to monitor PK/PD relationships is essential.
- Experience in in pre-clinical drug discovery in an industrial, GLP setting (CRO or other) is an asset.
- Ability to communicate in an open, clear, timely and consistent manner.
- Outstanding organizational skills (lab book, experimental design, etc.).
- Ability to handle multiple projects and utilize judgement to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to contribute as a team member in a dynamic, fast-paced biotech environment.