Repare Therapeutics develops novel, precision oncology drugs that target specific vulnerabilities of tumor cells. Repare integrates insights from several fields of cell biology including DNA repair and synthetic lethality, combining a proprietary, high throughput, CRISPR‐enabled gene editing target discovery method with high‐resolution protein crystallography, computational biology and clinical informatics. Repare was founded by leading experts at the forefront of DNA damage and repair cancer biology and genome-scale synthetic lethal screening technologies. The company has assembled a seasoned team of industry veterans and a world-class Advisory Board to support the development of next generation precision oncology, small-molecule therapeutics. Repare is backed by tier-one strategic and institutional biotechnology investors with track records for high-impact drug development, including Versant Ventures and MPM Capital.
SENIOR RESEARCH SCIENTIST
Repare Therapeutics is seeking a highly motivated and team-oriented research scientist to join our biology department and help advance our portfolio of synthetic lethal (SL) cancer therapies. The individual should have extensive knowledge in enzymology, assay development/optimization and biochemistry-related techniques. The scientist should provide expertise in designing biochemical assays and be able to conduct experiments aimed at biophysical characterization of lead compounds in support of lead ID/Opt activities. The candidate will lead part of a drug discovery program and oversee assay execution capabilities (internally & outsourced). Expertise in cell culture is an asset. Candidates must have the ability to communicate clearly, collaborate and enjoy a fast-paced and hands-on research environment.
- Perform enzyme kinetic analyses and MOA studies to characterize diverse biological enzyme systems, including kinases, polymerases & various DNA repair enzymes.
- Design and develop medium-to-high throughput biochemical (ie. enzymatic, binding) microplate assays to identify and characterize small-molecule modulators using a variety of techniques and detection methods, including FP, FRET, TR-FRET, BRET, HRTF, mass spectrometric, chromogenic, luminescence and radiometric.
- Apply a range of biochemical and biophysical techniques to characterize the molecular interaction of novel small molecules with their protein target(s), including radiolabeled binding assays, fluorescence polarization assay, differential scanning fluorimetry (or thermal shift assay), surface plasmon resonance (SPR/Biacore) and isothermal titration calorimetry (ITC)
- Develop assays using purified-component and cell-based systems configured to identify authentic small-molecule modulators and predict their activity in vivo.
- Work closely with project teams and external CROs to deploy biochemical assays for high-throughput screening and to drive SAR development.
- Oversee outsourcing of recombinant protein production & assay development to external CROs and monitor results
- Execute experiments in a timely, efficient, and independent manner
- Present clearly and succinctly in a variety of internal settings
- Good organizational and time-management skills including the ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Excellent team work approach – work as part a cross-functional team including biologists, medicinal chemists and structural biologists
EDUCATION & SKILLS
- PhD + 5yr experience or M.Sc. +8yr experience in Biochemistry or related discipline. Biopharmaceutical industry experience is highly preferred
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrable track record in enzymology and enzyme inhibitor mechanism-of-action studies
- Significant experience in developing robust enzyme-based assays to support high-throughput screening or medicinal chemistry efforts with a successful record of compound progression
- Skilled in data analysis and reporting (IC50, EC50, assay variability assessment etc.)
- Strong understanding of protein expression & purification systems
- Experience with computer software relevant to laboratory research and data interpretation
- Effective communicate skills, both verbally and written
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment