PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The person in this role will be responsible for performing a variety of assembly processes in a medical device manufacturing environment.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs de-burring, assembly and welding processes of small metal components under a microscope.
• Performs basic assembly of metal and plastic components.
• Performs tray and pouch packaging processes.
• Adheres to approved standard operating procedures and manufacturing procedures.
• Ensures product quality, identifies defects and raises potential quality issues.
• Utilizes small hand tools, calibrated instruments, measurement equipment, microscopes, and fixtures.
• Works with engineers on production issues and improvements.
• Assists in maintaining clean room integrity via proper gowning techniques and adherence to clean room environment practices and procedures.
• Maintains accurate Lot History Records.
• Available to work overtime as requested by supervisor.
Education and/or Job Experience
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Prior experience in medical device assembly highly preferred.
• Experience working in a clean room or controlled environment room preferred.
Special Skills, Abilities, and Requirements
• Good manual dexterity and visual acuity.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to read, understand and follow written instructions.
• Ability to utilize basic math skills.
• Knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices and Good Documentation Practices.