The IT Project Manager is responsible for managing diverse technology and application-based projects in addition to other initiatives. Duties include developing, coordinating and managing project activities and timelines. The project manager will also be responsible for scheduling and leading meetings as well as providing executive level status updates.
This position requires work on projects of diverse scope with competing priorities. The IT Project Manager will demonstrate good judgment in establishing priorities and coordinating deliverables as well as the ability to interact with senior internal and external personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitate meetings among internal staff and external business partners to align communication and expectations around business objectives.
- Coordinate and complete projects across various functional areas.
- Create and manage project plans and resources to communicate changes, progress, and mitigation strategies throughout the end-to-end lifecycle of new and existing business implementation.
- Provide subject matter expertise in areas including project scope definition and facilitation.
- Conduct presentations to management on project updates, project cycle, and expected results.
- Ensure projects are completed on time and in scope.
- Manage vendor and service providers to define project scope and performance expectations.
- Bachelor’s degree or 6 years of equivalent work experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- 3+ years of project management experience in a healthcare and/or technical environment
- 3+ years of experience with leading and driving Agile and Scrum
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good organizational, interpersonal and team skills
- Excellent analytic and problem-solving capabilities; attention to detail
- Understanding of health plan/clinic operations.
- Experience working in healthcare settings with providers/clinicians.