Concerto delivers comprehensive care to Medicare, Medicaid, and complex-needs patients. For over a decade, we have provided extraordinary outcomes for thousands of people in these underserved groups.
The Concerto name reflects our unique approach to healthcare. It’s about how we work in concert with patients, providers, and health plans. It’s about the harmony of a patient’s care, health, and dignity.
This role will research and drive system workflow discussions and make appropriate recommendations that will positively impact operational effectiveness. The Business Applications Analyst will function as both a project manager as well as a support and configuration analyst while executing on IT projects
This is a full-time position, based in the Concerto Healthcare offices in Irvine. The Business Applications Analyst will report to the Principal Application Architect.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Produce business requirement document & change request documents as part of the requirement gathering exercise
- Create user stories by breaking down the business requirements
- Conduct backlog grooming meetings to explain the user stories and answer questions from the scrum team members
- Help maintain backlog of user stories with Product Owner
- Participate in test case review process and perform gap analysis
- Conduct user acceptance test, supply test cases, test data and coordinate with business testers.
- Participate in release management activity and post production validation.
- Provide post production support and create/update artifacts that will help in supporting the application
- Utilize your experience in using enterprise-wide requirements definition and management systems and methodologies required.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans.
- Collaborate with vendors and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Be the liaison between the business units, technology teams (internal and external) as well as the support teams.
- Bachelor’s degree or work equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience in capacity of business analyst
- Hands on experience working with Agile/Scrum
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely
- Excellent time management, organizational, and prioritization skills and ability to balance multiple priorities
- Advanced level of proficiency with MS Project, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Enterprise systems delivery experience in healthcare
- Specialized Abilities
- Understanding of Health Plan/ Clinic Operations
- Experience working in Health Care Settings/ with Providers/ Clinicians
- Analysis/Assessment - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; researches and finds relevant information and identifies key issues and relationships from a base of information; compiling data from a variety of sources and identifying cause-and-effect relationships; demonstrates attention to detail
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability: Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition: Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Communication - Written, verbal or non-verbal means of expressing ideas effectively including adjusting language, terminology or the organization of concepts to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attention to Detail - Performs tasks while focusing on all aspects of the task no matter how small; Checks all processes and tasks for accuracy; demonstrates vigilance in assuring completeness and accuracy of all work