||Head of Finance
The Head of Finance is responsible for all Finance and Accounting functions for the Company.
Provides leadership and coordination of company financial audits, tax return preparation, tax planning, debt and equity financings, financial analyses, and financial planning/budgeting processes.
Key member of management team serving as main point of contact for all Company financial matters. Serves as primary liaison to the Board of Directors on various financial and business matters. for all aspects of financial reporting, both internal and external.
This role will also oversee financial management systems, processes, policies and procedures, technical accounting research related to various accounting matters, and lead the development of internal controls and compliance efforts.
- Monitors and analyzes monthly operating results against budget.
- Leads Company financial planning and budgeting process, including the compilation of both short term and long-range plans.
- Responsible for the compilation of budgets and financial plans to support Company business initiatives. Compiles and maintains longer range Company valuation models.
- Manages banking relationships and cash management. Serves as primary administrator of cash management system and as primary signatory for checks and wires.
- Manages Company's global business insurance program. Assesses areas of risk and coordinates annual insurance renewal. Serves as main point of contact with broker and within the organization for all related business insurance matters.
- Serves as primary lead in coordinating all activities associated equity and debt financings, including establishing Rights Offering process, where applicable, and serving as liaison for the negotiation of the related legal agreements.
- Maintains Company Capitalization Table.
- Serves as primary interface with all shareholders on related equity and debt financing matters.
- Prepares financial analyses for various contract negotiations and product/capital investments to facilitate contract negotiations, decision making, and/or recommended course of action. Analyzes various business transactions via financial, business, and/or sensitivity analyses, as business circumstances require.
- Sets short and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures consistent with business needs and overall objectives. Has overall P&L responsibility for respective Finance department activities.
- Directs and manages the accounting department functions including controller function, accounts payable, payroll, fixed assets, and general ledger.
- Responsible for ensuring the timely preparation of all financial reports and filings.
- Responsible for US Government accounting and finance activities.
- Interface with operations to ensure adequate controls and accurate reporting of financial information accordance with US Government Cost Principles and US GAAP.
- Coordinates, plans, and executes the annual audits as well as quarterly reviews. Interfaces with the Company’s auditors. Prepares all related financial statements, reports, and footnotes.
- Leads all technical accounting research efforts. Analyze, research, and conclude on new and proposed accounting, reporting and disclosure standards issued by the SEC, FASB and IFRS, as applicable. Prepare memorandums regarding VenatoRx’s position on various technical accounting matters. Provide guidance to the finance team regarding all technical accounting matters and changes to critical accounting policies and procedures.
- Provides financial and accounting support for special projects, which may include the preparation of VenatoRx’s initial Form S-1 Registration Statement, acquisition due diligence, and/or other projects as assigned.
- Manages and ensure proper accounting treatment for all stock-based compensation related matters.
- Interfaces with Operations to prepare annual budget, as well as the analysis of variances.
- Works with external vendors to support the administration of benefits, payroll, funding of 401k, etc.
- Coordinates, plans, and executes tax filings.
- B.S. in Accounting or Finance with an active CPA license. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of financial management experience, with at least 5 years in a life science company
- Thorough knowledge of US GAAP concepts with a strong consultative and results oriented approach.
- Ability to interface with staff and other departments/members of the management team to provide leadership and advice in key financial matters.
- Ability to serve as key contributor in "big picture" strategic initiatives while still producing quality work product with a strong attention to detail, where business circumstances require.
- Knowledge of USG cost accounting principles (45 CFR Part 75, Subpart E - Cost Principles)
- Experience with the Microsoft Dynamics GP accounting software platform
- Experience in monitoring and strengthening internal controls processes
- Proficiency with Microsoft tools (Excel, Outlook, and Word) required.
- Strong project management skills as well as presentation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.