Position: Research Scientist – DMPK
Company: Repare Therapeutics
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Repare Therapeutics is a 2017 “Fierce 15” drug discovery company backed by tier-one strategic and institutional biotechnology investors (http://www.reparerx.com). Repare develops novel, precision oncology drugs that target specific vulnerabilities of tumor cells. This is accomplished by combining a proprietary, high throughput, CRISPR‐enabled drug target discovery platform with an experienced team of small molecule drug discovery scientists, structural and computational biologists. Founded by leading experts at the forefront of DNA damage and repair cancer biology and genome-scale synthetic lethal screening technologies, Repare has assembled a seasoned team of industry veterans and a world-class Advisory Board.
We now have an outstanding opportunity available at our Montreal site for a motivated and accomplished ADME/DMPK scientist who would like to get in early and grow with the company. The successful candidate will have a thorough, hands-on background in drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics. A demonstrated expertise performing in vitro techniques with LCMS analysis is needed. A critical component of the job will be the close collaboration with internal drug discovery teams and CROs.
- Develop, validate and execute novel ADME/DMPK assays.
- Utilize in vitro and analytical tools to elucidate metabolic and elimination mechanisms for new chemical entities.
- Review large amounts of data to select appropriate compounds for assay screening.
- Plan and execute experiments to support progression of projects.
- Contribute intellectually to drug development programs.
- Support pharmacokinetic studies and in vivo pharmacology with mass spectrometry based bioanalytical measurements.
- MSc. in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related fields with experience in ADME/DMPK in an industrial setting.
- Expertise in drug metabolism, assay development and pharmacokinetics.
- Experience in planning and executing in vitro DMPK assays such as hepatocyte stability, metabolite identification, CYP inhibition, protein binding, permeability, solubility and stability.
- Experience in bioanalytical mass spectrometry and metabolite identification is highly desired.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to communicate in an open, clear, timely and consistent manner
- Outstanding organizational skills (lab book, experimental design, etc.)
- Ability to handle multiple projects and utilize judgement to prioritize tasks
- Ability to contribute as a team member in a dynamic, fast-paced biotech environment
- Experience in pre-clinical drug discovery is an asset