The Head of Human Resources will report to the Chief Operating Officer, and will work collaboratively with the leadership team to align HR practices and initiatives with the VenatoRx’s strategic and operational goals. This includes the overall strategic direction, leadership, expertise and management of the operations of the organization’s human resources (HR) functions. This role will provide direct HR leadership and will serve as an adviser to the executive team on key HR business decisions, issues and in solving organizational challenges, including clearly defining programs and policies that will drive the HR management practices to support the growth and continued success of VenatoRx.
- Lead the development of VenatoRx’s long-term people strategy to scale for future growth across the organization.
- Lead employee recruiting, including recruitment strategy, selection and management of recruiters, interviewing process, and on-boarding.
- Provide leadership and direction of all HR policies and programs with an ongoing emphasis on talent acquisition, compensation plans, employee relations, succession planning, talent management, change management, performance management, training and development, and employee engagement.
- Advise and establish consultative relationships with key business leaders throughout the organization to assist in organizational success and growth, and to ensure compliance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Define, develop and manage an HR plan that supports the business strategy.
- Determine strategies by assessing the needs, processes and policies, to develop a proactive, responsive, and integrated HR function that aligns practices and policies across all locations.
- Manage all employee relations issues to ensure that business risk is minimized and that the Company’s reputation maintained.
- Oversee and develop compensation plans and benefits packages that maintain costs, attract and retain employees and increase productivity across the organization.
- Review and update management and organization development programs and succession planning.
- Ensure that all plans, programs, and policies in the HR area are established and managed in a manner that is compliant with federal, state and local requirements, as well as corporate policies and programs.
- Develop and recommend modifications or improvements to existing training and development programs across the business.
- Manage the HR department’s operational budget.
- Bachelor's Degree Required, Master’s Degree and/or HR Certification preferred
- Minimum 10 years Human Resources experience building high performance HR organizations with skills in multiple HR disciplines including talent management, compensation & benefits, employee relations, performance management, HR operations, recruiting, and training
- Able to build and maintain positive, productive working relationships with all employees.
- A proven track record of aligning HR goals and objectives with businesses goals, combined with a strong understanding of business concepts and key business drivers
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and problem-solving skills in the areas of employee relations, compensation, talent assessment, performance management and talent acquisition.
- Must be able to handle highly sensitive and confidential matters effectively and discreetly.
- Dynamic, resourceful self-starter who can work independently and drive results
- Prior experience working in the biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical industry