Vividion Therapeutics is seeking a highly-motivated Research Associate/Associate Scientist to
contribute to the identification and development of novel small-molecule drugs. Vividion is a
privately held biotechnology company based in San Diego that is leveraging an innovative and
proprietary chemical proteomics platform to efficiently discover novel drugs in multiple areas
including oncology and immunology.
As an early stage startup company, Vividion is looking for energetic and experienced candidates
with a desire to work in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment. The successful candidate
will have extensive hands on experience and expertise in immune cell culture techniques such
as isolation of specific cell types and functional assays including proliferation and cytokine
production, and some experience with flow cytometry, as well as basic molecular biology
techniques such as DNA, RNA isolation and PCR.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Supporting the validation of novel drug targets via multiple mechanisms, including
testing the effects of compounds on immune cell function.
• Working closely with senior members of the team to implement novel assays.
Experience and education requirements:
• BS with 7+ years or MS with 5+ years of experience (biotechnology/pharmaceutical
industry experience strongly preferred).
• Required technical skills include immune cell isolation using bead-based
methodology, flow cytometry, immune cell based functional assays for cytokine
production and ELISA.
• Desirable techniques include in vivo skills, Western Blotting, PCR/qPCR and cell linebased assays.
• Drug discovery experience in Immunology or Immuno-oncology is preferred.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Outstanding problem-solving skills, troubleshooting skills and organization skills
• Be an effective team player and strong individual contributor, flexible, and able to
handle multiple tasks and deliver high quality results under tight timelines