Vividion Therapeutics is seeking a highly-motivated Scientist to contribute to the identification
and development of novel small-molecule drugs. Vividion is a privately held biotechnology
company based in San Diego that is leveraging an innovative and proprietary chemical
proteomics platform to efficiently discover novel drugs in multiple areas including oncology and
As an early stage startup company, Vividion is looking for energetic and experienced candidates
with a desire to work in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment. The successful candidate
will have extensive hands on experience and expertise in immunology techniques, primary cell
isolation (both mouse and human), cell culture, cell based functional assays (proliferation,
cytokine production, differentiation, cytotoxicity) and flow cytometry.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Design, plan, and support the testing of compounds targeting immune cells.
• Work closely with early discovery biology groups as well as pharmacology group to
design appropriate experiments to test the therapeutic hypothesis.
• Interpret experimental results and present work at company meetings.
• Stay abreast of current literature relevant to the therapeutic area as well as the
targets to implement novel ideas for therapeutic testing.
Experience and education requirements:
• PhD with 2-5+ years of immunology experience (biotechnology/pharmaceutical
industry experience strongly preferred).
• Strong publication record and/or drug discovery experience in immunology or
immuno-oncology is required
• Hands-on in vitro assay development with primary immune cells & troubleshooting
experience is critical
• Required technical skills include primary human and mouse cell isolation, primary cell
and cell line tissue culture, multi-parameter flow cytometry, and functional assays to
assess T, B or myeloid cell functions.
• Additional technical skills include in vivo skills, Western Blotting, ELISA, qPCR, RT-PCR,
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Outstanding problem-solving skills, troubleshooting skills and organization skills
• Be an effective team player and strong individual contributor, flexible, and able to
handle multiple tasks and deliver high quality results under tight timelines