||Project Manager/Senior Project Manager, R&D Program Management
The Project Manager is accountable for providing leadership to cross-functional R&D project teams to ensure delivery of project objectives on time and on budget. He/she will have the ability to contribute to and influence project strategy and tactics and will develop integrated project plans aligned with the project scope. The Project Manager will be a key interface with 3rd parties (e.g. CROs, CMOs) for contract development, negotiation and financial management. The Project Manager effectively communicates project status and proactively identifies and resolves project risks and issues within the project team, and appropriately escalates risks or issues to senior management.
- Lead/Co-lead cross-functional project team, to ensure that project deliverables are on time and budget while meeting project objectives
- Schedule and manage project meetings, including agendas, minutes, and action items
- Accurately forecast, report, and manage project budget
- Develop cross-functional integrated project plans
- Work closely with project team and external vendors to proactively identify risks and issues and develop mitigation and contingency plans.
- Communicate project progress, key issues, and risks to senior management
- As appropriate, manage/oversee US Government (USG) contract performance, monitoring, and documentation.
- Work closely with the USG on project planning and setting timelines for meeting program objectives.
- Prepare reports and deliverables associated with USG contracts, coordinating with project teams and finance department
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry in a scientific field relating to drug discovery and/or development
- A minimum of 3 years of project management experience with focus on early stage development (Late Stage Discovery to IND filing/Phase 1 clinical)
- In-depth knowledge of drug development process and milestones
- Demonstrated ability to manage and coordinate activities among multi-disciplinary teams comprised of internal and external parties
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work with colleagues in multiple functional areas and all levels of responsibility and authority.
- Experience managing outsourced deliverables, including work conducted in accordance with GLP and/or GMP guidelines
- Ability to develop, execute, and manage contracts with vendors
- Strong written/oral communication skills
- Strong MS-Office and MS-Project skills
- Self-starter and a team player that will thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Education – Minimum of BS/BA Chemistry, Biology, Chemical Engineering or other relevant scientific discipline
Ideal candidates will be able to demonstrate:
- A graduate degree in Chemistry, Biology, Chemical Engineering or other relevant scientific discipline
- PMP certification
- Experience working with US Government grants and/or contracts
- Experience/ understanding of anti-infectives therapeutic area/development