Inception Therapeutics is seeking a talented and enthusiastic biologist to help drive new therapeutic strategies for targeting the immune system. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop key cellular assays that enable a novel drug discovery platform.
Inception Therapeutics is a multi-disciplinary discovery engine founded in 2011 with Versant Ventures to build and launch transformative new biotechnology companies. Inception’s integrated chemistry, biology and DMPK expertise and capabilities coupled with a successful track record have enabled Inception to become an established leader in new company creation.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree with a biology background and over 5 years of postgraduate research experience.
- Demonstrated success in assay development and troubleshooting.
- Expertise in primary cell isolation, culture and assays.
- Human immune cell experience preferable.
- Hands on flow cytometry assay and data analysis expertise preferable.
- Cell transduction with viral vectors is a plus.
- Proficiency with design and implementation of state-of-the-art molecular biology techniques.
- Expertise in CRISPR-Cas9 genomic knockout technology is a plus.
- Must have strong computer skills and proficiency with standard scientific software.
- Desire, flexibility and initiative to tackle new tasks and challenges.
- Aptitude for working effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team in a fast-paced environment.
- Active engagement in experimental planning and interpretation, as well as independent execution of experiments.
- Attention to detail in documenting, executing and analyzing experiments.
- Excellent oral and written communication of scientific ideas and data.
- Strong commitment to business ethics.
Inception Therapeutics offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits packages, as well as working in a supportive team environment. This position is located in our San Diego office. We invite you to consider a career with Inception by submitting your resume to HR@inceptionsci.com.