Repare Therapeutics develops novel, precision oncology drugs that target specific vulnerabilities of tumor cells. Repare integrates insights from several fields of cell biology including DNA repair and synthetic lethality, combining a proprietary, high throughput, CRISPR‐enabled gene editing target discovery method with computational biology and clinical informatics. Newly identified targets are pursued by a seasoned team of drug discovery experts enabled by high‐resolution protein crystallography, drug metabolism and pharmacology to develop a new generation of precision oncology, small-molecule therapeutics. Repare is backed by tier-one strategic and institutional biotechnology investors with track records for high-impact drug development, including Versant Ventures and MPM Capital.
SENIOR MEDICINAL CHEMIST
Repare Therapeutics is seeking an experienced medicinal chemist to support an internal drug discovery program. The position requires strong scientific leadership and communication skills to collaborate with internal scientists and external service providers. The selected applicant must combine excellent laboratory skills, knowledge of contemporary synthetic methods and ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary environment. Candidates must have the ability to communicate clearly, collaborate and enjoy a fast-paced and hands-on research environment.
- Design small molecules inhibitors of target proteins with desired drug-like properties that meet a specified target profile.
- Execute multi-step, complex organic syntheses in a timely, efficient, and independent manner.
- Participate in the development of scientific goals for specific programs.
- Interpret SAR with a clear understanding of relevant biological and ADME data.
- Interact with molecular modelling, biology and DMPK colleagues to help form program strategy.
- Ph.D. degree in Organic Chemistry with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience or M.Sc. degree with a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in the field of drug discovery
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written and the ability to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Experience with computer software relevant to laboratory research and data interpretation.