Ebb Therapeutics developed an innovative, new-to-market combination medical device and behavioral sleep program to treat individuals with insomnia. With our recent FDA clearance and Series B funding, we are currently seeking highly motivated and skilled, creative professionals to join our growing team as we are in the early stages of our commercial launch. With millions of people suffering from insomnia, you would be a part of a talented group of individuals who are passionate about bringing new technologies and products to the market that help individuals with chronic sleep disorders live better and more productive lives.
About the Role:
Ebb Behavioral Sleep Specialists will provide behavioral support and guidance on use of the Ebb Insomnia Therapy device, healthy sleep and sleep hygiene to patients enrolled in Ebb’s sleep program. The Ebb Behavioral Sleep Specialist will:
- Work via telephone, email and text message with patients enrolled in the Ebb program
- Support and coach patients in using the Ebb device correctly and consistently
- Employ evidence-based behavior change strategies (e.g. cognitive behavior therapy; motivational interviewing) in all engagements with patients
- Adhere to Ebb Therapeutics’ protocols and use required coaching software and tools for conducting sessions with patients
- Maintain patient confidentiality and treat all patient interactions with the utmost care and respect for the patient and his/her privacy
- Collaborate with Customer Care to manage and response to customer issues and track/monitor issues
- Manage patient caseload including scheduling appointments and sending reminders to patients
- Partner with other Ebb team members on developing and continuously improving the Ebb program and protocols to assure patients receive evidence-based, high quality support
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of insomnia, good sleep practices and sleep hygiene as well as behavior change methodologies and strategies employed in lifestyle coaching and digital health.
- At least 3 years of experience delivering lifestyle, wellness or condition management coaching via virtual and/or digital methods (e.g. telephone, email, text message, telehealth)
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required (e.g. Psychology; Health Education; Health Communications; Social Work); additional professional certifications and licenses desired (e.g. Lifestyle Coach; Health Coach; Licensed Clinical Social Worker; Licensed Psychologist)
- Practical experience applying behavior change theories in patient care
- Experience working with a range of patient populations and demographics
- Strong interest in digital health
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and manage workload and patient caseload
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
This job operates in an office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers. The individual may work in Ebb’s Pittsburgh, PA headquarters office or remotely from their home.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is initially a part-time (approximately 16 hours per week) contractor role, and typical work hours are evenings and weekends based on the scheduling needs of our patients.
No travel is expected for this position.
Ebb is an equal opportunity company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other protected class status.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About Ebb Therapeutics:
Ebb Therapeutics is a privately held company founded in 2008 by Eric Nofzinger, M.D. The company’s technology was inspired by Dr. Nofzinger’s pioneering brain imaging studies on patients with insomnia. With more than a century of collective experience in the sleep space, the Ebb Therapeutics team is on a mission to help everyone get the deep, refreshing sleep needed to take on tomorrow. Ebb was funded in part by a grant from the National Institutes of Health as well as by private equity and venture capital firms KKR, Arboretum Ventures, Versant Ventures and Partner Ventures.
Contact: Damian Rippole