Vividion Therapeutics is seeking a highly-motivated Research Associate to contribute to the
identification and development of novel small-molecule drugs. Vividion is a privately held
biotechnology company based in San Diego that is leveraging an innovative and proprietary
chemical proteomics platform to efficiently discover novel drugs in multiple areas including
oncology and immunology.
As an early stage startup company, Vividion is looking for energetic and experienced candidates
with a desire to work in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment. The successful candidate
will provide in vivo support for pre-clinical drug development and discovery efforts.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Execute pharmacokinetic / pharmacodynamic, target engagement, efficacy, or
mechanism of action studies to support pre-clinical and discovery programs.
• Administer small molecule compounds to mice, measure endpoints (i.e., tumor volume,
body weight) and collect blood/tissue for analysis.
• Perform in vitro cell culture and cell-based assays measuring target engagement and drug
• Perform ex vivo assays on collected cells and tissues as needed.
• Work both independently and collaboratively as part of an in vivo pharmacology team.
• Collect, organize and present scientific/technical data internally and in project team
Experience and education requirements:
• BS with 5-7 years’ experience or MS with 3-5 years’ experience of in vivo in a
biotechnology or pharmaceutical setting. Ideally the degree should be in Cancer Biology,
Cancer Immunology, Pharmacology or related field.
• Rodent dosing routes (P.O., IV, IP), blood collection (sub mandibular, terminal cardiac,
retro orbital), tumor implantation, necropsy, and tumor/organ collection are required.
• In vitro cell culture including culture of primary human cancer cells is required.
• Immuno-oncology experience is very highly desired.
• Rodent surgery experience is highly desired.
• Experience with flow cytometry as well as formalin fixation, paraffin embedding,
sectioning, and immunohistochemistry is highly desired.
• Animal Husbandry, IACUC, and AALAC experience is highly desired.
• Candidates must have effective troubleshooting and problem-solving skills and possess
excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Candidates must be a team player, strong individual contributor, flexible, and able to
handle multiple tasks and deliver high quality results under tight timelines.