Vividion Therapeutics is seeking a highly-motivated Research Associate/Associate Scientist to
contribute to the identification and development of novel small-molecule drugs. Vividion is a
privately held biotechnology company based in San Diego that is leveraging an innovative and
proprietary chemical proteomics platform to efficiently discover novel drugs in multiple areas
including oncology and immunology.
As an early stage startup company, Vividion is looking for energetic and experienced candidates
with a desire to work in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment. The successful candidate
will have extensive hands on experience in isolation and characterization of immune cells,
experience with immune cell based functional assays including proliferation and cytokine
production, and multi-parameter flow cytometry, as well as basic molecular biology techniques
such as DNA, RNA isolation and PCR.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Supporting the validation of novel drug targets via multiple mechanisms, including
testing the effects of compounds on immune cell function.
• Working closely with senior members of the team to implement novel assays.
Experience and education requirements
• BS with 3-10 years or MS with 1-8 years of experience (biotechnology/pharmaceutical
industry experience strongly preferred).
• Required technical skills include primary murine and/or human immune cell isolation
from various sources, multi-parameter flow cytometry, immune cell based functional
assays (cytokine production, proliferation, cytotoxicity) and ELISA.
• Desirable techniques include in vivo skills, Western Blotting, PCR/qPCR and cell linebased assays.
• Experience with immuno-oncology models and assays is preferred.
• Outstanding problem-solving, troubleshooting and organization skills with a strong
desire to learn new skills.
• Be an effective team player and strong individual contributor, flexible, and able to
handle multiple tasks and deliver high quality results under tight timelines