Jnana Therapeutics is an exciting startup focused on modulating the SLC family of metabolite transporters in key disease pathways using a novel drug discovery platform. The company is focused on disorders of immunometabolism including cancers and inflammatory diseases – areas where we believe drugging SLC transporters will provide transformative medicines for diseases of high unmet need.
We are seeking a passionate immunologist with experience in T-cell (preferred) and/or innate cell biology with the scientific curiosity to help unravel the interplay between metabolism and cellular and immune function. You will be an integral member of a disease/project team, focused on identifying and characterizing SLCs that regulate key metabolite pathways. You would in turn be involved with the characterization and development of small molecule modulators of SLC function through the progression of drug discovery programs.
We value scientific rigor intensity and leadership capability, but we are equally committed to building a fun and collaborative team.
- You will be responsible for scientific experimental strategy and data generation to enable the progress of SLC immunology targets in areas such as IBD and Immuno-Oncology as part of our immunometabolism team.
- Capability to generate and experimentally validate target hypotheses, with a focus on mechanistic understanding of the target in disease pathways of interest. This could involve developing a broad range of assays (biochemical, cellular with diverse end-points).
- Ensure deep knowledge of the scientific literature, regular attendance at scientific conferences, and application of external insights to internal programs essential.
- Presentation of results to the team, leadership, and Board members regularly with full transparency
- Using excellent scientific and personal communication skills to work cross-functionally internally and externally with collaborators
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- PhD in immunology or related field and 3+ years of postdoc experience; industry/biotech experience is highly desirable but not essential.
- Deep experience in immunology and immunological pathways with cutting-edge contemporary technical expertise.
- Assay development experience and understanding of pharmacology is desirable.
- A strong publication record demonstrating your expertise in immunology.
- Creative and collaborative researcher with strong team working skills and ability to thrive in a dynamic and entrepreneurial early-stage environment. Need to have urgency to translate data into approaches for new medicines.
To apply, please email email@example.com or fill out the form directly through our website.