Inception Sciences in San Diego, CA is looking for an enthusiastic, hard-working and highly motivated Senior/Principal Scientist to join our multidisciplinary drug discovery team in developing therapeutics to treat unmet medical needs. The ideal candidate will have a strong synthetic and medicinal chemistry background with relevant experience working in a drug discovery environment. Additional experience in antibody drug conjugate chemistry is highly desired.
- Design and optimization of chemical strategies for the derivatization of novel biotherapeutics
- Development and execution of efficient synthetic routes for target molecules using state-of-the-art synthetic methodologies
- Participation and impact in shaping project strategies
- Presentation of results at company meetings
- Support of a strong team environment and maintenance of the chemistry laboratories
- Mentorship and potential supervision of other members of the chemistry team
- Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry
- At least 5 years of industry experience with a demonstrated track record of contributions to drug discovery projects
- Experience with antibody drug conjugation and linker chemistries
- Organized, self-motivated, able to multitask and deliver results with a high degree of attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to motivate and influence colleagues
- A strong team player that enjoys drug discovery and making a meaningful impact to drive projects forward
Inception Sciences is a multi-disciplinary discovery engine partnered with Versant Ventures to build and launch transformative new biopharmaceutical companies. We are home to a dynamic team that enjoys working on cutting-edge science to meet unmet medical need across a variety of therapeutic areas. Our integrated chemistry, biology and DMPK expertise and capabilities coupled with a successful track record have enabled Inception to become an established leader in new company creation. We offer competitive compensation and excellent benefits packages, as well as working in a supportive team environment. This position is located in our San Diego office. We invite you to consider a career with Inception by submitting your resume to HR@inceptionsci.com.