Inception Therapeutics is seeking a talented and enthusiastic biologist to employ cutting edge technologies to develop a new technology platform and drive target identification across multiple disease areas. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop key cellular and biochemical assays that will enable this platform, describe new biology and support first in class drug discovery programs.
Inception Therapeutics is a is a drug discovery engine co-founded with Versant Ventures in 2011, dedicated to creating new start-up companies for translating breakthrough scientific insights into novel therapies. The candidate for this role should desire participation in launching and growing a dynamic early-stage startup company.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree with biology background and over 5 years’ experience in academia, biotech or pharmaceutical environment.
- Expertise in developing appropriate in vitro cell-based and biochemical assays to investigate multiple cellular processes.
- Evaluating antibody binding and internalization using cellular assays is desirable but not required.
- Active engagement in experimental planning and interpretation, as well as independent execution of experiments.
- Aptitude for working effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be proficient with computers and software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Graph Pad Prism, and other scientific software.
- Strong commitment to business ethics.
- Excellent oral and written communication, including effective communication of research updates in formal and informal settings.
- Attention to detail in documenting, executing and analyzing experiments
- Desire, flexibility and initiative to tackle new tasks and challenges.
Inception Therapeutics offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits packages, as well as working in a supportive team environment. This position is located in our San Diego office. We invite you to consider a career with Inception by submitting your resume to HR@inceptionsci.com.