Turnstone Biologics is a clinical-stage, immuno-oncology company focused on the development of next-generation oncolytic viral immunotherapies for patients with a broad range of solid tumors. Turnstone’s unique, first-in-class oncolytic viral immunotherapies combine the potent tumor-killing effects of an oncolytic virus with a tumor-targeted T-cell vaccine to harness an individual’s own immune system to attack the tumor, preventing recurrence and delivering a cure. Turnstone’s robust pipeline of early-stage compounds, based on its MG1 oncolytic virus platform, are in development for multiple solid tumors and are being evaluated in combination with other cancer immunotherapies, including checkpoint inhibitors, to drive unprecedented, durable T-cell immune responses and strong anti-tumor activity and prevent recurrence. Turnstone is building a world-class, high-performing company that embraces being a learning organization with a sense of urgency. Turnstone has a seasoned board of directors and venture capital partners, is enrolling clinical studies, has a rich development portfolio, and highly active R&D efforts led by a world-class scientific management team. Turnstone is co-located in Ottawa, Hamilton, Canada and New York, USA.
Imagine coming to work every day where over-communication, transparency, teaching, listening, asking, thinking, working hard, and having fun are normal – actually, expected? Imagine having a coach, mentor, peers, and partners where candid feedback, self-improvement, risk taking, failing, learning from that failing, and succeeding are what we call ‘another day at Turnstone’? At Turnstone, the science drives decision making, and our drugs are designed with the patient in mind. Like the disease we’re fighting, our platform is complex, and transformative. If you’re a passionate person, and our science excites you – this opportunity may be for you.
The Scientist will play key roles in the design, execution, and analysis of immunological experiments to further the development of Turnstone Biologics’ growing pipeline. This is an exciting opportunity to work along side senior researchers and project teams to perform discovery and development research that will ultimately inform clinical development.
Our company’s technology is based around replicating oncolytic virus vaccines engineered to target tumours and launch massive tumour targeting immune responses. The core of this technology lies in the designing and building of these genetically constructed viruses. Your role will be to join a team of immunologists and molecular biologists who invent and develop these nanomedicines for preclinical and clinical evaluation. There will be additional opportunities to work with our CMC team and other R&D members to continually refine the technology and manufacturing process for this class defining technology. If you have experience with manual (or robotic), cell based and biochemical assays to interrogate the immunological mileu of rodent and/or human blood, tissue or tumour samples, including ICS, ELISpot assay, ELISA, RNA seq and are meticulous and driven to achieve; then this opportunity may be just what you are looking for.
The Scientist will work along side senior researchers and project teams and participate in designing and executing cell-based immunology and virology assay following established laboratory standard operating procedures (SOPs). We have an open, transparent and dynamic culture that embraces scientific excellence, integrity, urgency, partnerships with key stakeholders and continuous learning/improvements.
What’s in it for you?
In this role, you will have the opportunity to develop your ability to think both strategically and drive fast-paced execution. With our company size and growth we will give you plenty of opportunities for you to be an inspirational and collaborative co-functional leader. Passionate about being a part of a critical function of a growing company and continuous learning? We will have plenty of that for you!
We are in the early stages of building strategies, structures and process so this role will be busy and expanding. We also have opportinites for you to be a mentor to other team members. You would have the opportunity to create something new and ‘WOW!’ all of us and grow right along with the company.
Experience & Qualifications:
• Participate in various aspects of in vitro and in vivo studies including but not limited to: designing and executing experiments, organizing teams, scheduling and managing complex multi-disiplinary experiments, collecting, interpreting and communicating results
• Prepare data/figures to present to senior research staff
• Generate study reports in a timely manner
• Writing and reviewing SOPs
• Contribute to a team-centric culture that embraces scientific excellence, integrity, and urgency
• Hold a Ph.D. in Immunology/Microbiology/Biochemistry (research primarily focused in immunology) with 2+ years of post graduate erxperience or biotech or pharmaceutical industry experience
• Robust understanding of innate and adaptive immune systems is required, T cell biology perferred.
• Experience with in vivo models, isolation and culture of primary cells (both mouse and human).
• National Institutional Animal User Training Certification (NIAUT) an asset.
• A expert knowledge of immune based in vitro assays, flow cytometry and common molecular techniques.
• Experience in T cell function/differentiation/signaling/regulation, phenotypic analysis of inhibitory and costimulatory targets and pathways and/or neoantigen biology and vaccines is highly preferred.
Please click here to apply!
Turnstone Biologics welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected will be invited for an interview.