The Discovery Team at Black Diamond Therapeutics is looking for a creative and selfmotivated scientist with broad experience to apply her/his expertise and knowledge in the
art of computational chemistry to drug discovery programs. Reporting to the VP Chemistry,
and based in our office in Cambridge, USA, the right candidate will lead the computational
effort, working across all stages of discovery from early target selection through to
development candidate nomination. She/he will interact and collaborate cross-functionally
with scientists across the drug discovery organization and will have the opportunity to lead
discovery project teams.
• Apply computational techniques to advance projects at all phases of drug discovery,
from target validation and hit generation to lead optimization and candidate selection
• Build and drive computational strategies to guide the design of small molecules with
improved potency, selectivity, and ADME properties
• Collaborate with discovery chemists and bioinformaticians to maximize computational
impact on structure- and property-based design of selective molecules targeting
allosteric mutant proteins
• Contribute, assist and advise in the design, evaluation, and prioritization of new
analogues for key medicinal chemistry projects.
• Develop testable hypotheses and deliver computational tools for predicting binding
affinity, ADME, and in vivo pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics.
• Propose and develop new modeling approaches to enhance existing workflows.
• Develop and enhance the cheminformatics and database systems at Black Diamond.
Experience & Qualifications:
• A Ph.D. in Computational Chemistry or a related discipline
• You have spent several years in industry developing and applying modern
computational chemistry and cheminformatics to drug design.
• You are an expert in structure-based drug design and the application of
computational modeling methods and data mining software.
• Skilled in applying state-of-the-art methods and tools for virtual screening, QSAR, and
• You thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
• Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills are required.
• You’re an honest communicator with the ability to present data clearly to experts and
• You have demonstrated your impact by supporting publications, presentations, and/or
• You have a strategic perspective and demonstrated ability to work in a rapidly
changing, fast-paced environment.
• Your interpersonal and communication skills allow you to work effectively as part of
cross functional teams.
• You are committed to building and maintaining an energetic, collaborative, and open
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by
an employee to successfully perform he essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand;
walk; sit; used hands to fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with
hands and arms; climb be stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or
move office products and supplies, up to 20 lbs.