BlueRock Therapeutics is a next-generation regenerative medicine company focused on breakthrough treatments and new horizons in medicine. BlueRock Therapeutics’ platform is based on state of the art pluripotent stem cell engineering tools and expansion technology. The company represents a strategic partnership between Bayer and Versant Ventures and has been granted access to one of the largest-ever Series A financings in biotech.
Our vision at BlueRock is to cure cardiovascular, neurologic and other diseases with significant unmet need and diminished self-repair potential. Our platform is enabled by strategic partnerships with leading academic and industry collaborators in the U.S., Canada and Japan.
BlueRock’s ambition is to have an R&D team of dynamic and highly engaged top scientists who are inspired to take project ownership and further develop themselves in one of the most rapidly growing scientific fields. At BlueRock we value open communication, collaboration and a positive and fun working environment in which both individual and team contributions are recognized. Our world-class management team is committed to fostering the growth and career development of employees.
The New York, USA site is seeking a Research Associate, CNS Biology, reporting to the Senior Scientist, CNS Pipeline.
The incumbent will be a technical contributor in a dynamic and progressive team pioneering the differentiation and purification of therapeutic cells from pluripotent stem cells. Hands on experience in the development of scalable cell culture and cell processing methods/technologies is essential. He/She will work closely with Assay and Biomarker development and In Vivo Sciences teams.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a talented scientist to contribute to bringing a new class of medicines to patients and gain valuable career experience in translational medicine. Collaboration with a highly-motivated, world-class team of scientists and engineers promises an exciting and engaging work environment for motivated, self-starting candidates.
- Execute in vitro experiments to characterize and cultivate pluripotent stem cells and derivatives.
- Identify and determine appropriate ranges for (critical) process parameters for cell culture and downstream processing to optimize product yield, purity and quality.
- Prepare cells for internal and external collaborations.
- Document experimental data in electronic laboratory notebooks in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with the company quality management system.
- Prepare and follow standard operating procedures, batch records, reports, and other process documentation.
- Present scientific data to colleagues in group meetings, prepare and present internal presentations.
- This position requires occasional overtime on the weekend.
- MS Degree in Biomedical Sciences or related field of study and 2 years of extensive experience with mammalian cell culture or similar are strongly preferred. Bachelor’s Degree in the life sciences will be considered with relevant bio-pharma industry experience.
- Biotech/Pharmaceutical industry experience required
- Hands on experience with scalable cell culture system or tissue processing from animal models is a plus
- Experience with, and functional understanding of cell characterization methods and technologies (e.g., flow cytometry, qPCR, immunoassays, microscopy, molecular biology) are required
- Expertise and knowledge in neurosciences, cell or stem cell biology or regenerative medicine are preferred.
- Strong English written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and process development skills
- Team player