Jnana Therapeutics is seeking enthusiastic and highly motivated Research Associates to support our internal immunology and neuroscience focused SLC drug discovery programs. Through small molecule screening and a range of cell-based assays, our research aims to expand our understanding of SLC transporter biology and ultimately discover drugs modulating these proteins. Prior experience necessary. Strong commitment and good work ethic are essential. Levels can be flexible based on experience.
- Cell culture experience critical. Experience with immune or/and neuronal/glial cells preferred. Primary immune cell culture experience a bonus.
- Experience with cell-based assay development and trouble-shooting critical.
- Performing cellular biology related protocols: siRNA/shRNA, CRISPR, RNA extractions, RT-qPCR, Western blotting and imaging, ELISA based assays, Flow cytometry analysis among others
- Assisting with molecular biology and cloning: Gibson assembly, bacterial transformation, and DNA minipreps/midipreps among others
- Participating and contributing to scientific discussions, meetings, and presentations
- Working across scientific disciplines on multiple projects
- Helping to build and expand an innovative platform for drug discovery
- BS or MS in Biology or other relevant area