Repare Therapeutics is a 2017 “Fierce 15” drug discovery company backed by tier-one strategic and institutional biotechnology investors (http://www.reparerx.com). Repare develops novel, precision oncology drugs that target specific vulnerabilities of tumor cells. This is accomplished by combining a proprietary, high throughput, CRISPR‐enabled drug target discovery platform with an experienced team of small molecule drug discovery scientists, structural and computational biologists. Founded by leading experts at the forefront of DNA damage and repair cancer biology and genome-scale synthetic lethal screening technologies, Repare has assembled a seasoned team of industry veterans and a world-class Advisory Board.
Repare currently has an outstanding opportunity available for a motivated and accomplished bioinformaticians. The successful candidate will work closely with biologists, chemists, and translational scientists to impact critical decisions across all stages of drug R&D, from target identification, patient stratification to clinical development. If you are aspired to become an expert of drug discovery and development, experienced in generating novel insights by combining biology and analysis of genome-scale large data, and savvy with computational techniques in statistics and mathematics, you will thrive in our team-oriented, fast-paced, dynamic environment!
Job title will depend on the experience of the candidate.
- Collaborate with and support discovery and translational teams by helping design experiments and analyze genomic datasets
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to develop and implement a state-of-the-art computational analysis platform for omics-based oncology drug discovery
- Apply and develop computational, statistical, and machine learning methods to mine multi-dimensional genome-scale data sets and derive biological insights
- Execute integrative analysis of cancer omics, clinical information and functional genomic data to support prioritization of targets and stratification of patients
- In collaboration with discovery and translational science teams, propose testable hypotheses and experimental verification plans to support program decisions
- Acts as an expert consultant and scientific resource on computational and statistical topics
- PhD in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, System Biology, or related fields
- Solid understanding of cellular and molecular biology. Experience on cancer biology and/or DNA Damage and Repair is highly desirable
- Experience working closely with biology teams to design and analyze experiments.
- Strong hands-on programing skills (R, Python, Unix, SQL, etc)
- Solid understanding of probability and statistics. Experience analyzing genomics datasets. Gene expression, copy number, DNA mutations preferred.
- Familiarity with large genomic datasets such as the Cancer Dependency Map, The Cancer Genome Atlas, Genotype-Tissue Expression (GTEx)
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to communicate in an open, clear, timely and consistent manner
- Outstanding organizational skills (lab book, experimental design, etc.)
- Ability to handle multiple projects and utilize judgement to prioritize tasks
- Ability to contribute as a team member in a dynamic, fast-paced biotech environment
- Experience in pre-clinical drug discovery is an asset