Veran Medical Technologies has an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Design CAD Technician to join the Hardware Development Team in St. Louis, MO. This position is responsible for providing support to engineering by preparing detail drawings, 3D solid models, assembly drawings, sketches, instructions & diagrams for projects for medical devices. They will also maintain and update existing products as well as design and develop.
Location: St. Louis, MO
Listing Date: November 15, 2019
Position: Mechanical Design CAD Technician
Job Type: Full-Time
Education: Associate Degree or Higher in Engineering or Related Field OR demonstrated equivalent experience
Direct Report: Director of Hardware Development
- Work with Engineers generating 3-D model assemblies, mechanical assemblies, detail drawings, and assembly/installation instruction sheets.
- Create and modify detailed drawings from sketches or notes provided by engineering.
- Prepare design specification, analysis, and recommendations for presentation and approval.
- Update existing drawings.
- Support other departments with illustrations, rendered models, and other documents as requested.
- Assist engineering leaders in working with vendors and inspect first piece sample parts.
- Performs other similar and related duties as required.
- Associate degree or higher in engineering, or related field OR demonstrated equivalent experience
- 2 years of Solidworks or Pro Engineer Creo training experience or certificate preferred
- 2+ year’s experience in 3D CAD software creating 3d solid models for injection molding preferred
- Designing for Injection molding preferred
- Designing for 3D printing preferred
- Medical Device and quality system experience preferred
- Collaborate with others to establish timelines and budgets, as well as solve problems
- Knowledge of industry, engineering, math, and materials
- Ability to analyze data and situation and come up with creative solutions
- Exceptional computer skills, knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and Powerpoint software, proficiency with various e-mail, calendaring, meeting management and related communications software
- Strong organizational, time management and leadership/coaching skills, as well as project management skills
- Be highly collaborative and able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and be able to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
- Be an effective listener, able to maintain focus extract necessary information and validate understanding of the information
- Skills, detail oriented, trustworthy