Summary of Primary Responsibilities:
Performs work required for the assembly of components, devices, and/or the final product depending on the trade assigned. Ensures quality of product. Employees in this class are expected to quickly grasp new ideas and techniques, exercise independent judgment in the field and have a solid understanding of quality expectations. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned: (1) Performs routine work in all production areas with limited supervision (2) Ensures quality of product through the use of standard operating procedures, templates, training, supervision and good judgment. (3) Provides input for enhancing efficiencies and modifying/creating SOPs to ensure accuracy/quality or improve productivity. Must have a firm understanding of quality expectations and standards and be able to make independent judgment based on those standards. Will also assist other team members within a broad range of work centers in a manner that best promotes the success of the Production Group.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a safe and clean work space
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Follow established safety rules and regulations with a safety-first approach
- Support day to day manufacturing activities including line set-up, completing electronic batch record documentation and meeting manufacturing goals
- Feeding raw material or parts to semi-automated and automated machines
- Carry out production, inspection, packaging and machine operation duties
- Set up machinery and ensure all materials are readily available
- Effectively monitor production equipment
- Assist the shop technicians and materials clerk as necessary
- Perform appropriate duties as assigned by management
- Working knowledge of diverse high-speed machinery in a manufacturing setting
- Skilled in the use of automation to assist in assembly processes
- Ability to control machines and processes using either control mechanisms or direct physical activity to operate machines or processes.
- Ability to set up machines to start a production cycle
- Ability to control and adjust machine settings, clear jams safely with a proper sense of urgency.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of production procedures
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Teamwork and communication skills
- Physical stamina and strength
- Able to lift a maximum of 50 pounds and stand for an eight-hour work shift
- High school diploma
- 4+ years in an assembly environment, preferably in the medical device industry
Working Conditions: (e.g. travel, general office work, heavy lifting, etc.)