Aligos Therapeutics, Inc. is a biotechnology company located in South San Francisco, California that is developing novel medicines to treat liver diseases in virology, inflammation/fibrosis and oncology. Aligos is pursuing the development of both oligonucleotide-based and small molecule therapeutics, each addressing major commercial market opportunities.
At Aligos, our science is the key to our success, and to improving patients’ quality of life. Our pipeline of developing novel compounds and investigative therapies reflects our commitment to bring innovative products to patients with unmet needs in the area of liver diseases. This is an exciting opportunity to become an early employee of a high energy, pre-IPO Research and Development company. We are looking for an enthusiastic scientist who understands and appreciates the entrepreneurial environment of a “start-up” and who is willing to do what it takes to contribute to the success of the company.
The Director of Project Management will provide project management leadership and support for Aligos Therapeutics’ drug development teams, ensuring that all program deliverables are carefully defined and achieved. This is a highly visible role that interacts with a broad range of functions within an early drug development environment at a small dynamic biotech company. The person will actively partner with one or more Development Team Leaders as part of multiple cross-functional teams working in a matrix environment. They will lead the team in generating development plans and monitor the progress of the team in meeting its project objectives. This position will report to the Head of Development and will be a member of the department’s management team. They will have an opportunity to shape the future nature of project management activities at a fast-moving company.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities:
- Planning development strategy and identifying realistic and achievable milestones for each assigned program
- Guiding Development Teams to plan and execute program goals in accordance with agreed strategy
- Developing and proactively managing the execution of high quality, cross-functional project plans including the development of detailed timelines and budgets
- Maintaining up to date project plans and the timely dissemination of information regarding project progress towards key milestones
- Management of development team meetings including establishing agendas, documenting and distributing meeting minutes along with key decisions and actions; ensuring actions are completed in a timely manner
- Providing project summaries to senior management and updates for the wider company to ensure alignment across disciplines and departments
- Development and monitoring of project budgets; Liaising with the Finance to ensure alignment and transparency regarding project budgets and program timelines
- Promoting a productive and positive team environment
- Identifying potential program level risks and developing mitigation strategies to address them
- Developing project management best practices including identifying opportunities to harmonize processes and systems across programs
Required Education and Experience:
- BS/MS Degree with 10+ years of relevant progressive project management experience in the drug development industry
- Demonstrated project management experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry including an ability to manage in a matrixed project team environment including coordination of all cross-functional aspects of drug development (e.g., preclinical, CMC, regulatory, clinical, quality, etc.) to achieve development goals.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- PMP certification desired
Additional Eligibility Qualifications/Competencies
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Able to operate effectively in a multi-disciplinary environment within a small company.
- Strong influencing and facilitation skills to be able to effectively manage development team meetings and meetings with key stakeholders.
- Must be a proactive problem solver and be able to promote ideas persuasively and build on the ideas of others in a constructive manner.
- Expert skills with the Microsoft Project; ability to create effective presentations.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
- All candidates are expected to have authorization to work in the United States.
- The position will be expected to collaborate with individuals in a cross-functional manner, but will not have direct reports to start.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position. Expected days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week.
- This position is located in South San Francisco and requires minimal travel.
Aligos Therapeutics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants based upon any protected group status, including but not limited to race, religion, color, creed, sex (including breastfeeding and related conditions), gender identity/gender expression, pregnancy (including childbirth and related conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or medical condition as defined by applicable equal opportunity laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position works in a standard office setting, in a facility that contains laboratory equipment.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org