Regional Manager, Capital Sales at Veran Medical
Des Moines, IA, US / Kansas City, KS, US
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all prospective customers for the Company’s products, systems and services for a designated sales region.
- Sell capital equipment and servicing components for the Company’s navigation system.
- Assist the Area Vice President of Sales in the management and leadership of sales activity in the designated region, including indirect management, mentorship, and supervision of the region’s Associate Sales Representatives, Capital Sales.
- Collaborate with the Sales Utilization team members in the region (including the Regional Managers, Utilization Sales and Field Clinical Application Specialists) regarding system and product sales, placements, installations, training, troubleshooting, and servicing.
- Achieve established sales quota by selling the Company’s navigation system, servicing agreements, and related products to new customers.
- Develop a thorough understanding of Company’s product portfolio and how it affects patient care via successful completion of Veran’s sales training program.
- Understand and manage all enabling technologies, including Veran’s SPiN Thoracic Navigation System™ and Planning Station, IR Platform, CRM, and all related products and services.
- Work with physicians, physician groups, physician liaisons, department managers, and other administrators to support the Company’s products, systems and services by providing requested guidance, case coverage, virtual support, and telephone support.
- Work with the Marketing Department staff to assist in the distribution and communication of brochures, presentations, and other field marketing materials to potential and existing customers.
- Remain abreast of marketing developments pertaining to competitor products, systems, procedures and services.
- Provide training to physicians and customer staff on capital systems sold.
- Liaise with the Clinical Team regarding the completion of evaluations and product demonstrations for prospective customers.
- Maintain positive customer relationships with current accounts.
- Promote awareness of Company products, systems and services through physician events, medical trade shows, in-house department referrals, etc. as needed.
- Assist as needed with field service requests, including but not limited to procedure support, installations, evaluations, and training.
- Support internal marketing efforts as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of marketing or sales experience with a proven track record for sales performance preferred.
- Medical device experience strongly preferred.
- Experience selling capital products, preferably in navigation or robotics, is a plus.
- Willing to travel, self-motivated, effective verbal and written communication skills, persuasive, adaptable, ability to multitask, comfortable in a clinical setting.
- Approximately 50-80% travel required.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.