Jnana Therapeutics is an exciting startup focused on modulating the SLC family of metabolite transporters in key disease pathways using a novel drug discovery platform. The company is focused on inflammatory bowel disease, disorders of immunometabolism, and neurological disorders – areas where we believe drugging SLC transporters will provide effective medicines for diseases of high unmet need.
Jnana Therapeutics is seeking enthusiastic and highly motivated Research Associates to support our internal technology development group focused on SLC drug discovery programs. Through small molecule screening and a range of cell-based assays, our research aims to expand our understanding of SLC transporter biology and ultimately discover drugs modulating these proteins. Prior experience necessary. Strong commitment and good work ethic are essential. Levels can be flexible based on experience.
- Maintaining mammalian cell culture. Primary cell culture experience is preferred.
- Carrying out cell-based small molecule screening and/or functional assays.
- Assisting with molecular biology and cloning: Gibson assembly, bacterial transformation, and DNA minipreps/midipreps among others.
- Performing cellular biology related protocols: siRNA/shRNA, CRISPR, RNA extractions, RT-qPCR, Western blotting and imaging, ELISA based assays, Flow cytometry analysis among others.
- Coordinating logistics of test compounds, make assay-ready plates and organize screening workflow in order to meet project timelines.
- Participating and contributing to scientific discussions, meetings, and presentations.
- Many different techniques will be used and training will be provided, but a desire to gain independence is important.
- Working across scientific disciplines on multiple projects.
- Helping to build and expand an innovative platform for drug discovery.
- BS or MS in Biology, Chemistry or other relevant area