Pandion Therapeutics is an exciting company focused on drug discovery and development in autoimmunity and inflammation. We are currently expanding and seeking a talented Associate Scientist to join Pandion’s Therapeutic Protein Technologies team. The company is currently based in Cambridge, with plans to relocate during the spring of 2020 to Watertown.
- Maintain EXPI293 and EXPI CHO transient cell lines
- Perform expression and purification of antibodies and Fc-fusion proteins.
- Perform basic protein characterization assays (SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, UV-Vis spectroscopy, analytical SEC, DLS)
- Conduct protein chemical/physical stability, polyreactivity, and self-interaction studies (DSF, ELISA, AC-SINS, CIC, FcRn assay)
- Thoroughly document experiments and communicate results across Program Teams
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Basic cell culture skills and sterile technique
- Experience transiently expressing protein and stable CHO pool/line generation
- Knowledge and skills in basic chromatographic techniques (affinity, IEX, HIC and SEC)
- Experience with commercial FPLC and HPLC systems
- Intellectual curiosity: willingness to learn
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to thrive in a multi-disciplinary entrepreneurial start-up environment that is highly collaborative, fast-paced, and team-oriented
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s/Masters’ degree in Analytical Chemistry/Biochemistry/Cell Biology/Molecular Biology or a related discipline with at least 3 years of relevant experience in industry.
Pandion Therapeutics was founded in 2017 with the mission to develop bispecific antibody therapeutics that act at the local site of disease, offering the potential for significantly improved therapeutic options beyond systemic immunosuppressive treatments. We aim to shift the paradigm and create a new generation of drugs with transformative efficacy and improved safety to treat immune-related conditions such as inflammatory bowel disease, type 1 diabetes, and autoimmune liver, kidney and skin diseases. Pandion was recently recognized as a 2018 Fierce 15 Winner.
Pandion Therapeutics is committed to diversity, and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will be considered for employment, regardless of race, color, age, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, sexual orientation, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.