Pandion Therapeutics is an exciting new company focused on drug discovery and development in autoimmunity and inflammation. We are currently expanding and seeking a creative and motivated bench-level Associate Scientist to join our Team. The Individual will have the opportunity to work with an enthusiastic team of highly skilled scientists in a matrixed and collaborative environment, which relies on excellent interpersonal and communication skills. The company is currently based in Cambridge, with plans to relocate during the spring of 2020 to Watertown.
- Expression of antibodies, Fc-fusion proteins, and recombinant proteins in mammalian cells.
- Protein purification using multiple techniques including affinity (ProA, IMAC), IEX, and size-exclusion chromatography.
- Protein QC and characterization utilizing a variety of assays such as SE-HPLC, SDS-PAGE, UV-Vis spectroscopy, and ELISA.
- Thoroughly document experiments and concisely communicate results.
- Present scientific data at team- and company-wide meetings.
EDUCATION & SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's/Masters' degree in Biochemistry/Biophysics/Analytical Chemistry/Microbiology or a related discipline with 0-2 years of relevant experience in industry or academia.
- Must have experience with protein expression, purification, and characterization.
- Ideally has experience optimizing scalable protein purification protocols utilizing IEX chromatography using an Akta FPLC.
- Ability to thrive in a multi-disciplinary entrepreneurial start-up environment that is highly collaborative, fast-paced, and team-oriented.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
Pandion Therapeutics was founded in 2017 with the mission to develop bispecific antibody therapeutics that act at the local site of disease, offering the potential for significantly improved therapeutic options beyond systemic immunosuppressive treatments. We aim to shift the paradigm and create a new generation of drugs with transformative efficacy and improved safety to treat immune-related conditions such as inflammatory bowel disease, type 1 diabetes, and autoimmune liver, kidney and skin diseases. Pandion was recently recognized as a 2018 Fierce 15 Winner.
Pandion Therapeutics is committed to diversity, and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will be considered for employment, regardless of race, color, age, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, sexual orientation, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.