Pandion Therapeutics is an exciting company focused on drug discovery and development in autoimmunity and inflammation. We are seeking a creative and highly motivated Associate Scientist to join our team. The Individual will have the opportunity to work with an enthusiastic team of highly skilled scientists in a matrixed and collaborative environment. A successful candidate will have experience developing and conducting in vivo pre-clinical studies to advance our lead research and development programs. The company is currently based in Cambridge, with plans to relocate during the spring of 2020 to Watertown.
- Responsible for conducting in vivo pre-clinical animal studies.
- Perform dosing (SC, IP and IV), blood sampling, multiple tissue harvesting and data recording. Coordinate sample storage and analysis.
- Conduct experiments to determine the safety and efficacy of novel compounds in models across a range of autoimmune and inflammatory disease indications.
- Provide overall in vivo and ex vivo technical support for project teams working to advance one or more experimental therapeutic compounds.
- Responsible for carefully documenting research and effectively communicating results across teams.
- Organize and adapt to support faced-paced research.
- Relevant experience running mouse models independently (e.g. efficacy and PK/PD studies), with industrial experience a plus.
- Skilled in various methods of dosing (IV, SC and IP), blood collection (tail vein/submandibular and cardiac puncture) and multiple tissue collection at necropsy for subsequent ex vivo analysis.
- Strong experience in measurements by caliper, body weighing, and health monitoring.
- Exposure to utilizing software such as Graph Pad, Microsoft office, Excel for data analysis and data summary.
- Excellent organizational, time management and data recording skills
- Able to thrive in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, team-oriented environment with colleagues from diverse disciplines.
- Bachelor's degree in animal science or relevant discipline.
- Demonstrated experience in standard in vivo techniques, including mouse handling, dosing and working with models of disease is highly desired.
Pandion Therapeutics was founded in 2017 with the mission to develop bispecific antibody therapeutics that act at the local site of disease, offering the potential for significantly improved therapeutic options beyond systemic immunosuppressive treatments We aim to shift the paradigm and create a new generation of drugs with transformative efficacy and improved safety to treat immune-related conditions such as inflammatory bowel disease, type 1 diabetes, and autoimmune liver, kidney and skin diseases. Pandion was recently recognized as a 2018 Fierce 15 Winner.
Pandion Therapeutics is committed to diversity, and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will be considered for employment, regardless of race, color, age, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, sexual orientation, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.