Black Diamond Therapeutics is a precision oncology medicine company pioneering the discovery and development of small molecule, tumor-agnostic therapies. Black Diamond targets undrugged mutations in patients with genetically defined cancers for whom limited treatment options currently exist. Black Diamond is built upon a deep understanding of cancer genetics, protein structure and function, and medicinal chemistry. The Company’s proprietary technology platform, Mutation-Allostery-Pharmacology, or MAP, platform, is designed to allow Black Diamond to analyze population-level genetic sequencing data to identify oncogenic mutations that promote cancer across tumor types, group these mutations into families and develop a single small molecule therapy in a tumor-agnostic manner that targets a specific family of mutations.
The Associate Director, Project Management will provide project management support on clinical development project teams. He/She will actively contribute and help the teams to effectively and efficiently deliver on project goals on schedule and within budget.
- Works cross-functionally to develop clear and concise program strategies
- Effectively guide a team through the formation of an integrated drug development plan
- Develop, maintain, track and manage project milestones and deliverables
- Ensure alignment within project teams, between project teams and functional units, and with relevant governance bodies
- Oversee and prepare project team budget including resources and costs, collaborating with Finance and other cross-functional departments
- Work in partnership with project team to develop and identify risks and opportunities and execute on project plan and strategy
- Communicate, document and archive project team activities, risks, milestones, deliverables and decisions
- Act as a primary contact for project team related information
- Actively facilitate project team meetings (including the preparation of meeting agendas, minutes, and follow-up on action items), cross-functional communication and decision making, ensuring alignment with internal and external stakeholders
- Prepare routine and/or ad hoc project status/dashboard reports
- Maintain project team SharePoint site
- Identify, recommend and implement opportunities for streamlining programs
- Participate in implementing improvements to project management processes, tools and infrastructure to ensure ongoing efficiency across the company
- 8-10 years of multi-disciplinary experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry
- 6-8 years of project management experience with a solid understanding of all aspects of drug development from IND to drug approval, including US and international regulatory guidelines and requirements for the conduct of international clinical trials.
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Bachelor’s degree (scientific or health-related field) required. Advanced degree is desirable.
- Oncology experience preferred
- PMP certification is desirable
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform he essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; used hands to fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb be stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 lbs.