Black Diamond Therapeutics is a precision oncology medicine company pioneering the discovery and development of small molecule, tumor-agnostic therapies. Black Diamond targets undrugged mutations in patients with genetically defined cancers for whom limited treatment options currently exist. Black Diamond is built upon a deep understanding of cancer genetics, protein structure and function, and medicinal chemistry. The Company’s proprietary technology platform, Mutation-Allostery-Pharmacology, or MAP, platform, is designed to allow Black Diamond to analyze population-level genetic sequencing data to identify oncogenic mutations that promote cancer across tumor types, group these mutations into families and develop a single small molecule therapy in a tumor-agnostic manner that targets a specific family of mutations.
- Reports to the CFO
- Lead market and commercial assessments for both existing and potential new programs/indications
- Research and understand the armamentaria and treatment paradigms for specific diseases to support program assessments
- Produce preliminary target product profiles and other similar materials for product candidates
- Co-own with finance team member BDTX’s company model
- Support generation of scientific content as it pertains to external presentations, press releases, scientific articles, etc.
- Own competitive intelligence across direct and indirect competitors, including maintaining a database and providing updates to the mgmt. team and other relevant BDTX team members
- Support BD efforts with both pharmaceutical and biotech firms as well as academic/research institutions
- BA/BS degree and PhD and/or Master’s degree preferred
- 7+ years of experience in the life sciences sector
- Experience in pipeline/commercial assessments, strategy, management consulting and/or investment banking required