Senior Research Associate, Molecular Biology at Platelet BioGenesis
Watertown, MA, US
This is your opportunity to join a highly driven and ambitious young company that values collaboration, respect, intellectual curiosity, and integrity in our endeavor to transform the way cell therapies are developed and to expand the field of platelet-derived therapeutics. We have developed a scalable, cGMP-compliant cell culture platform to make engineered human pluripotent stem cell-derived megakaryocytes and platelets. This is an exciting time to join PBG as we further scale production for human clinical trials and leverage our platform for cell-based drug delivery opportunities.
Who We Are Seeking
We are looking for a driven, independent thinker with an optimistic attitude who shares our long‐term vision for leveraging stem cell-derived therapies to cure diseases. Our ideal candidate will be highly self-motivated with the ability to excel in a fast-moving and team-oriented environment. Come join our team today and help make a difference in improving patients’ lives.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform routine cellular and molecular biology procedures such as RNA/DNA extractions, PCR, RT-PCR, qPCR, Western blot, flow cytometry and microscopy.
- Perform standard DNA cloning, lentivirus work and gene editing approaches including CRISPR.
- Perform maintenance and differentiation cultures of human induced pluripotent stem cells and mammalian cells.
- Generate genetically modified cell lines to support product and assay development.
- Independently plan and execute experiments, with direction from senior scientific staff.
- Perform data analysis using software including but not limited to FlowJo, Excel, GraphPad Prism, and PowerPoint.
- Present results of experiments and findings in multidisciplinary team meetings.
- Keep accurate and detailed records of experiments and results.
- Comply with standard laboratory practices and company policies.
What you'll bring to the team
- Authorization to work in the U.S. required.
- MS/BS in biology, molecular biology, cell biology or immunology + 3-5 years industry experience, respectively.
- Adeptness in iPSC & mammalian tissue culture techniques is a must.
- Extensive hands-on experience required for conventional molecular and cell biology techniques, Western blotting, Cell proliferation assays, ELISA, PCR, qRT-PCR etc.
- Familiar with cloning, plasmid transfection and viral vectors transduction (lenti and AAV).
- Experience with gene editing technologies and approaches including CRISPR, TALEN, transposons, etc.
- Hands-on experience with culturing and transfecting mammalian cells.
- Experience in flow cytometry and fluorescence microscopy.
- Ability to create and interpret scientific documents including study protocols, SOPs, and regulatory guidelines.
- Critical thinker with excellent problem‐solving skills with the ability to design experiments and interpret data.
- Excellent organizational skills, a strong attention to detail and effective oral and written communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and established collaborative working habits.
Platelet BioGenesis, located in Watertown, MA, is a venture-backed biotech startup that was spun out of Harvard Medical School to produce allogeneic cell therapies from engineered induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs). We are a highly driven and ambitious young company with a transformative platform for cell therapies. Our organization has taken all of the necessary precautions to keep our team members safe during these challenging times.