Repare Therapeutics is a 2017 “Fierce 15” drug discovery company backed by tier-one strategic and institutional biotechnology investors (http://www.reparerx.com). Repare develops novel, precision oncology drugs that target specific vulnerabilities of tumor cells. Founded by leading experts at the forefront of DNA damage and repair cancer biology and genome-scale synthetic lethal screening technologies, Repare has assembled a seasoned team of industry veterans and a world-class Advisory Board.
We are seeking an animal technician at our Montreal site for a summer internship. The successful candidate will assume a hands-on role as part of a scientific team responsible for assessing the in vivo pharmacology and efficacy of novel pre-clinical anticancer compounds. The scientist will be involved in the formulation and evaluation of candidate anti-cancer compounds.
- To prepare drug formulations and dosing solutions.
- To carry out basic aspects of compound evaluation in vivo including, drug administrations (mainly po), animal health monitoring, body weight, food consumption, clinical signs, anesthesia, blood samplings (multiple routes), necropsies, and to monitor tumor progression using calipers.
- To perform necropsies, terminal bleeds and tumor and tissue sample harvest from treated animals for the purposes of identifying drug-target engagement and monitoring tumor and tissue PK.
- To maintain detailed laboratory notes, sample records and protocols.
- The successful candidate may be required to work non-standard hours from time to time, including occasional weekend and statutory holidays as required by on-going experiments.
- Current 2nd year student or completed DEC in Animal Health Technology
- Experience in small animal handling, preferentially in mice.
- Experience in drug administration by multiple routes (e.g. i.v., s.c, p.o., i.p.), and blood sampling by multiple routes.
- Ability to communicate in an open, clear, timely and consistent manner.
- Outstanding organizational skills (lab book, experimental design, etc.).
- Ability to handle multiple projects and utilize judgement to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to contribute as a team member in a dynamic, fast-paced biotech environment.