CODA Biotherapeutics is an early-stage venture backed biotechnology company located in South San Francisco, California. Our chemogenetics platform aims to treat neurological indications through modulation of specific target cell activity utilizing engineered ligand gated ion-channels delivered via gene therapy. The engineered ligand-gated ion channels are designed to interact with defined small molecule therapeutics and act as a switch to activate or inactivate specific neuronal populations as a means for treating neurological diseases.
This position will manage a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and will be able to work independently with little or no supervision.
Assay Development: Design and validate cell-based fluorescence and automated electrophysiology assays to support receptor lead selection.
Compound Screening: Execute medium throughout compound screening and follow-up pharmacological evaluation of small molecules on lead chemogenetic receptors.
Organization and Communication of Data: Analyze and communicate data in written and oral modalities in both informal and formal settings. Generate and manage meticulous method protocols, data, and analysis reports in a clear and highly organized fashion.
Cell Culture: Responsible for maintaining, transfecting, and transducing mammalian cell lines and primary neurons.
General Lab Duties: Responsible for making solutions, buffers, compound dilutions to support all the general. Ordering, receiving and stocking supplies, inventory tracking, lab organization/ maintenance and maintaining equipment.
· B.S or M.S. in Cell Biology or a closely related field with at least 1-2 years of
post-degree research experience in an academic or industry setting.
· Extensive experience in cell-based assay development, validation and screening
using fluorescent plate readers and automated planar patch clamp systems.
· Extensive experience in mammalian cell culture, transfection and transduction
· Experience and knowledge of receptor/ion channel pharmacology, including
profiling ligand-receptor agonism, allosteric modulation and antagonism, e.g.
calculating EC50s, IC50s, Hill Slope, etc.
· Proficiency with common laboratory equipment (balances, pH meter,
osmometer, etc.) and automated liquid dispensing platforms.
· Experience with gene expression constructs, basic molecular biology (e.g. PCR,
cloning) and biochemistry (e.g. western blotting)
· Experience with common lab practices and safety. Good working knowledge of
MS office, data plotting and graphing software and ability to communicate
· 2-3 years of post-degree research experience in an industry setting preferred
· Experience in isolating and culturing of primary neurons from rodents, culturing
and differentiation of human iPSCs
· Familiarity with ion channels, GPCRs, chemogenetics, and/or optogenetics
· Experience with manual patch clamp systems a plus
· Experience in working with viral vectors (AAV, HSV, LV)
· Experience with data processing and analysis, particularly with programming
(e.g. Python, R, SQL)
· Dynamic self-starter with a drive for results
· Motivates others to do their best; celebrates differences; team-oriented
· Strong attention to detail
· Impeccable integrity
· Scientific curiosity paired with a strong work ethic and grit
· Thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced entrepreneurial setting and fluidly adapts
to change as the company grows
· Embraces the lean start-up mentality and never says or enjoys hearing “that’s
not my job”
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Commensurate with role and experience
CODA Biotherapeutics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision generous paid time off and much more.