Inception Sciences, San Diego CA is looking for an enthusiastic, hard-working and highly motivated Medicinal Chemist to join our multidisciplinary drug discovery team in developing small molecule therapeutics to treat cancer, fibrosis and inflammation. The ideal candidate will have a strong synthetic chemistry background and a verifiable track-record in small molecule drug discovery with 5 to 7 years relevant experience.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Design and synthesis of SAR for chosen drug targets.
- Data interpretation and presentation to both project teams and the company as a whole on a regular basis.
- Supervision of an associate chemist and/or potential management of external chemistry resources.
- Organic Chemistry PhD with at least 5 years of experience in small molecule drug discovery.
- Experience in analyzing SAR and triaging new target molecules.
- Thorough understanding of the basic drug discovery precepts such as metabolism, pharmacokinetics, in-vitro/in-vivo assay workflows.
- Proficiency in preparing data presentations for team and company-wide presentation.
- Organized, self-motivated, able to multitask and deliver results with a high degree of attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A strong team player that enjoys drug discovery and making a meaningful impact to drive projects forward.
Inception Sciences offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits packages, as well as working in a supportive team environment. We invite you to consider a career with Inception by submitting your resume.