Quentis Therapeutics is a preclinical stage biotechnology company that is translating novel biology into new therapeutic approaches to help more cancer patients benefit from immunotherapy. Based on our deep expertise in endoplasmic reticulum (ER) stress biology and the tumor microenvironment, we are pioneering first-in-class ER stress response modulators to boost the immune system’s ability to fight cancer. Our lead program is a first-in-class IRE1α inhibitor. We are pursuing multiple additional ER stress pathway targets in the tumor micro-environment, as well as in other diseases where ER stress plays an important role. Privately held, Quentis is headquartered in New York City.
Quentis Therapeutics, Inc. is looking for a dynamic strategy or business development professional to join our growing team. This is a key hire for a prominent Series A funded NY based biotech company, The successful candidate will be highly resourceful, flexible and a quick learner and as a critical member of our management team will help set the tone and culture of the organization. This person, along with the CEO and scientific leadership, will be an integral person involved in evaluating in-licensing opportunities and leading partnering discussions. Title will be commensurate with level of experience.
• Lead asset/technology in-licensing activities including search/evaluation, due diligence, negotiation/execution including collaborations/licenses with academic partners.
• Lead product/technology out-licensing activities including business case, valuation, deal structure, deal terms and negotiation approach
• Partner with finance to identify, conduct and/or coordinate business/financial analysis to support the transaction process
• Partner with CEO and management team to define overall BD strategy and work closely with CEO to define specific deal strategy & structure
• Partner closely with external legal teams to negotiate and implement appropriate legal agreements to support research and development goals.
• Contribute to new product planning, including development of Target Product Profiles for new products, global market assessments and commercialization strategies assessments
• Assist in the development of board-level presentations, corporate investor materials, and pitch books
• Facilitate and manage key relationships with strategic partners
• BS in biology, chemistry, or related science. MBA and/or PhD/MD preferred
• 5+ years of experience with pharmaceutical or biotech company, business development and licensing experience preferred; top-tier banking and/or biopharma consulting considered
• Experience in leading negotiations of collaboration and licensing agreements, sponsored research agreements and material transfer agreements
• Skilled and experienced at the fundamentals of pharmaceutical/biotech business development – networking, search and evaluation, partner discussions/negotiations, term sheets, agreements, etc. This also includes experience leading due diligence teams and assessing commercial value of in-licensing opportunities/technology IP
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; highly organized, with significant attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and multitask in a small, entrepreneurial environment
• Ability to work in a team-oriented environment, lead strategic discussions, and interact with many different stakeholders.
• Excellent critical thinking skills: An ability to make quantitative and qualitative assessments.