Quentis Therapeutics is a preclinical stage biotechnology company that is translating novel biology into new therapeutic approaches to help more cancer patients benefit from immunotherapy. Based on our deep expertise in endoplasmic reticulum (ER) stress biology and the tumor microenvironment, we are pioneering first-in-class ER stress response modulators to boost the immune system’s ability to fight cancer. Our lead program is a first-in-class IRE1α inhibitor. We are pursuing multiple additional ER stress pathway targets in the tumor micro-environment, as well as in other diseases where ER stress plays an important role.
This is a unique opportunity to join an exciting new biotech company in the heart of New York City that has experienced leadership, a strong scientific expertise and significant funding.
Quentis is seeking a highly skilled and motivated scientist with strength in execution of bench science and proven ability to design and execute research project strategy with a focus on immuno-oncology. He/she will be accountable for driving to and delivering high quality data to be used in project decision-making.
The successful candidate will lead the evaluation of in vivo efficacy and mechanism of action studies with particular focus on immune profiling of tumors. As a key team member, he/she will also evaluate potential drug candidates in diverse in vitro and in vivo assays to obtain deep mechanistic insights into ER stress biology. Candidates for this role will be driven and enthusiastic self-starters with strong critical thinking skills and a desire to learn. Additionally, the successful candidate must possess outstanding written and verbal communications skills and be able to work efficiently as an individual and in a team setting.
• Design, development and execution of in vivo efficacy and mechanism of action studies to be used in the evaluation of potential drug candidates
• Hypothesis generation and testing strategy including selection of appropriate immuno-oncology models
• Identify, evaluate and implement new technologies to enhance in-house assay capabilities
• Independently plan, execute and analyze well-controlled experiments.
• Organize, analyze and clearly communicate results to team members.
• Independently propose new experimental approaches and next steps
• Keep well documented electronic lab notebook
• PhD or equivalent with at least 3+ years post-doctoral training or work experience in Immunology, Oncology, or related research
• Demonstrated track record of success as evidenced by scientific accomplishments and publications in top-tier journals
• Expertise in Immuno-oncology research including significant experience (> 2 years) with syngeneic tumor models including immunophenotyping of tumors required; experience with dosing animals preferred; knowledge of ER stress biology a plus
• Expertise in multi-color flow cytometry execution and analysis to drive hypothesis generation and testing
• Ability to design, execute and interpret experiments and mentor others
• A passion for scientific discovery and an ability to succeed in a biotech/entrepreneurial fast-paced drug-discovery environment.
• Strength in collaboration; able to work effectively across company and academic settings
• Excellent communication, organizational and documentation skills