Crinetics Pharmaceuticals is seeking a Research Associate or Senior Research Associate to join its growing and dynamic pharmacology team. This individual will be responsible for performing a variety of pre-clinical in vivoexperiments. The work will support projects at various stages of development thereby allowing the selected candidate to play an active role in our drug discovery and development efforts to advance small molecule therapeutics for rare endocrine disorders and endocrine-related cancers. This is a growth and learning opportunity in a small company environment.
- Design and conduct pre-clinical in vivo experiments to evaluate the efficacy, pharmacokinetics and toxicity of therapeutic candidate molecules
- New animal model development
- Duties may also span from animal husbandry to conducting biological assays
- Analysis of experimental data using MS Office, PRISM or comparable software
- Maintain laboratory notebook
- Other tasks as assigned
- BS/MS with at least 5 years of relevant experience in Biology, Pharmacology, Neuroscience, Toxicology or related discipline
- Experience in performing PK studies, with relevant technical skills
- Hands-on proficiency in rodent handling procedures and in vivo skills including dosing (IV, PO, SC) blood and tissue collection, necropsy, etc.
- Proficiency with basic surgical techniques
- Must be independent and able to follow pre-established experimental designs, as well asdevelop new methods and protocols or technologies as needed
- Strong oral/written communication skills and ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team environment
- Excellent problem-solving ability and attention to detail
- Must have strong work ethic, ability to multi-task and be enthusiastic for animal and laboratory work
- A team player and available to work on weekends when necessary